 Off-Topic / Debate / 22908
Re: Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:50:15 GMT

<snip>

At best the Church is split on the issue.  Most US Christians are with Bush
and support the liberation of Iraq.

<snip>

[JOHN]

How can you say that?  I was at the peace rallies and many many signs were from
Church organizations, from the United, Anglican, Methodist, and even my CRC
denomination--and there's the denunciation right form the Papacy.

I have, as yet, to hear one Organized Church support this war, unless it's one
of those 'conservative televangelists'--and their opinion doesn't amount to a
'hill 'o beans' to me (the reverse is probably also true but, eh, whatrya gonna
do?)

Dave K