 Off-Topic / Debate / 22856
22855  |  22857
Subject:
Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:20:41 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Alex Polimeni wrote:

Note: The term “re-elected” implies he has already been elected. ;)

Scott A

Eh...

No, “re-elected” means that he has been elected once, and now hes trying to get re-elected. Actually, im not entirly sure if he WAS elected once, but i guess that term will have to suffice....

I think that was the gist of Scott’s repetition of the Left’s tired “joke”.

In the UK, the Left, Right & Centre enjoy a chortle at Bush’s electoral credentials (and his intellectual abilities). From an international PR PoV, Bush has been a disaster for the USA. He has destroyed a great deal of the international respect the USA had.

   Har, Har, Bush was selected, not elected. The fact is, however, that Bush’s “selection” was a result of Gore contesting the election. Had not he gone to court, Bush’s election would have stood. That the Supreme Court “selected” Bush is entirely the result of the Democrats. And then they cry that Bush was “selected”, not elected. Whatever.

Wow... but why no mention of the role Bush’s brother played in this story? When you read about that and the other hocus pocus you’ll see that using the term “elected” is a little dubious!

I fear you may get a re-run of this story next year come election day:

CEO lobbies for Bush while seeking contract to sell voting machines

“to show that Republicans will truly stop at next to nothing to win elections and hand the keys of the national treasury over to their fat cat donors - there is Walden O’Dell, the CEO of Diebold Inc. Diebold is the company that wants to get the contract to provide and program voting machines in every state for the 2004 election and O’Dell is raising money exclusively for President Bush and the Republican National Committee (RNC). O’Dell, in a fundraising letter on August 14th, committed “to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year” according to the Associated Press. In the 2002 election cycle, O’Dell gave $5,965 to the RNC while Diebold gave the RNC $95,000.”

In the words of Joe Stalin: “Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.

I hope WC gets the democratic nomination; I hear that the election will be billed as “The General v The Coward” or “The General v Draft Dodger”(1)

Scott A

(1) Not on Fox News.... sorry John!