 Off-Topic / Debate / 22882
Re: Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:48:23 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   In the UK, the Left, Right & Centre enjoy a chortle at Bush’s electoral credentials (and his intellectual abilities).

Please. Blair isn’t; he’s a good man.

In what sense?

   Perhaps the mayor of London is, but he is the biggest ass of a politician there ever was.

In what sense?

   I’m sure Bush is snickering, too-- all the way to being the most powerful person on earth. Deal.

He has power, but no athourity. He lost the argument a long time time ago, and ever since has relied on “might-makes-right”.

MLK Jr: “Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.”

   From an international PR PoV, Bush has been a disaster for the USA. He has destroyed a great deal of the international respect the USA had.

Respect from whom, Scott?

Most of Europe for starters.

   We will do what we believe is in our best interests as a nation.

Were steel tariffs in your “best interests”?

   That is usually in the best interests of the world as well, because a strong, free America is good for the world (not to mention a prosperous one as well).

Tell that to the innocents killed in Iraq.

   We are not intested in pleasing people or countries, but preserving our way of life, namely freedom, and assisting others in achieving that goal as well.

Is this where I list all the despots Bush is in league with? How he is funding repression and gross human rights abuses in places like Israel and Uzbekistan?

Scott A