 Off-Topic / Debate / 22881
22880  |  22882
Subject:
Still one of my fav. sites--
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:29:23 GMT

So the DU.com is just a good read...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/articles/03/12/06_bad.html

Few select quotes--

"
Convinced that 9-11 was an opportunity to be "seized to achieve great things,"
Dubya told the Washington Post's Bob Woodward, "We will export death and
violence to the four corners of the earth in defense of this great nation..."
"

So if 9/11 didn't happen neither would the fiasco in Iraq?  Not likely--9/11 was
the *excuse*, not the reason. Therein lies all the difference in the world.

"
Author Michael Ortiz Hill quotes S.R. Shearer of Antipas Ministries, who
explains Bush's messianic leadership, "Dominionism pictures the seizure of
earthly (temporal) power by the 'people of God' as the only means through which
the world can be rescued...It is the eschatology that Bush has imbibed...through
which he has gradually (and easily) come to see himself as an agent of God who
has been called by Him to 'restore the earth to God's control,' a 'chosen
vessel,' so to speak, to bring in the Restoration of All Things."
"

Yeah, if Dubya's 'God's Chosen', then I picked the right time to disavow
organized religion.

"
Such delusions might perhaps explain the Bush doctrine of pre-emptive killing,
the mountain of lies and deceit that created the bloody atrocity in the Gulf,
his complete disregard for the destruction of innocent life, his lack of an exit
strategy in Iraq, his continuing threats against Iran, North Korea and Syria in
spite of growing insurgency throughout the region. As PNAC's bad boys and
attendant media gear up for yet another Bush election, it is the deja vu of Good
versus Evil, all over again.
"

So he's a moron just looking for a fight with anybody.  Morons don't look much
beyond the immediate issues--therefore no "exit stratergy"?  Colour me
surprised.  Looking to invade others?  As if Afghanistan and Iraq didn't ring
those alarm bells...

"
They tell us Dubya is a wise and courageous leader whose only fault is that he
reads too much John Locke and Adam Smith. Dubya is Good, they say, and they have
the photos to prove it. Only terrorist supporters and evildoers would suggest
otherwise.

However, those of us who read too much Aristotle recognize wisdom and courage
when we see it, and have a passing acquaintance with virtue and what comprises a
"just" society.
"

Bingo.

Justice is strangely missing in all of Dubya's endeavours.  From his 'less than
15 minute consideration' for clemency for *any* person facing the electric chair
in Texas, to lockups in Guantanamo, and other numerous issues.

Photos are sweet and fluff--"Oh look, here's a picture of me with the troops!
Here's me landing on an aircraft carrier!"  Pictures say a thousand words, and
what they're telling me is that Dubya's a media whore.  Show me the compassion,
show me the Justice, show me, well, *anything* good for the Average Joe that
this moron has done in the past 3 years.

"
Those of us attempting to pull back from the brink of apocolypse know that Dubya
is a tyrant who indiscriminately uses coercive measures such as fear, threats,
violence and propaganda in an effort to force an entire nation to fall silent
and accept its own demise. A leader is neither wise nor courageous when he
demands that his people support murder - even genocide.
"

--'Those who are not with us are against us'

If I were American, my blood would be boiling.  I'm not a hot-headed person
prone to 'flying off the handle' at the least provocation, but folks--wake up
and smell the rankness of lies, deceit, and sheer unadulterated audacity of this
man and his gaggle of wrongdoers.  Wrap it up in whatever package you want, but
the stench is reaching far and wide.

I'm not an American and my blood's almost in a boil.

Dave K