 Off-Topic / Debate / 22900
22899  |  22901
Subject:
2 Qs For John
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:23:42 GMT

   Respect from whom, Scott? We will do what we believe is in our best interests as a nation. That is usually in the best interests of the world as well, because a strong, free America is good for the world (not to mention a prosperous one as well). We are not intested in pleasing people or countries, but preserving our way of life, namely freedom, and assisting others in achieving that goal as well.

Well said John. Just keep waving your little flag.

This is what I don’t understand:

Q1. How is supporting human rights abuses in Israel and Saudi Arabia in your collective self interest if the end result (indirect or otherwise) is 911 and related attacks?

Q2. How has invading Iraq improved your “freedom”? It appears it has made the world less safe?

Scott A