 Off-Topic / Debate / 19839
Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:46:24 GMT

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030323-051332-5578r

If true, I’m disappointed but not surprised by this story. I’d be surprised if
UK servicemen had not been trained to expect this.

This “war” looks like taking a little longer than I expected due to the Iraqi’s
willingness to postpone the inevitable. It also looks like the regime is not in
a hurry to implode. Basra shows that international opinion may not stomach
sieges, and we may now have to start putting troops into urban areas...

I suppose things would be moving quicker if a northern front could have been
opened. But would the difference be measurable? I’m not sure.

Scott A