 Off-Topic / Debate / 19869
Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:46:39 GMT

Hence while I agree with John's sentiments (those who constantly point out
our faults as a way to say we are all wrong, instead of as something that
needs to be corrected, are no friends...) I disagree with his assessment in
this instance. Our case in the international court of world opinion is
greatly weakened by Guantanamo Bay, and there is not much that can be done
about it now.

I am not saying we are all wrong -- we certainly do a lot of pointless,
stupid, shallow things though.  Pointing out those flaws is in my view being
a good american because my point is the improvement of our circumstances.  I
have lost all hope though, hence the tendency to merely rant.

Reasonableness is all many of us are after though.

-- Hop-Frog