 Off-Topic / Debate / 19882
19881  |  19883
Subject:
extra-judicial executions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:45:17 GMT

do you mean that we are displaying closeup images
of dead Iraqis shot execution style through their forehead?

If pictures do exist, there are cultural reasons why we would not show them.
That does not mean that extra-judicial executions are not occurring. I read
this report from Afghanistan yesterday:

One rule for them
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,921192,00.html
==+==
Doran interviewed a Northern Alliance soldier guarding the prison. "I was a
witness when an American soldier broke one prisoner's neck. The Americans did
whatever they wanted. We had no power to stop them." Another soldier alleged:
"They took the prisoners outside and beat them up, and then returned them to
the prison. But sometimes they were never returned, and they disappeared."
==+==

See more of Manbiot's work online:
http://www.monbiot.com/

Scott A