 Off-Topic / Debate / 19086
Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:16:54 GMT

Darn, wish I'd seen this note before posting a second ago.

Then again, in Libertopia, one expects that when one *buys* land, one buys
it *from* someone. Hence, if you were dumb enough to sell the space you
physically occupy to someone else, leaving you with nothing, tough beans to
you. At least, such would be a capitalist view, I would think.

That's how I see it too.  But that is wicked, not good and just.

Why?

Why, in particular is is 'wicked' to make the best deal you can for
something. We're assuming that the person you're dealing with is competent
and you are not being fraudulent, right?

Is selling your body off for spare parts (and thus committing suicide,
because you get disassembled) something that you have a right to do if you
enter into the deal fully informed of the consequences and decide to do it?
If so, how is this different?