 Off-Topic / Debate / 19022
Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:35:04 GMT

It is my assertion that if people have a right to exist,
they must have a right to exist _somewhere_.

An excellent communistic ideal, but realistically flawed, sadly.

Convince me.

  Yeah, that baffles me, too.  For any physical entity or object, it seems
that "existence" doesn't simply imply "a place to exist," it expressly
*includes* a place to exist.  Not necessarily this plot of land or that
particular country, but existence somewhere.  Assertions that "existence"
does not include a locality are misguided.  It would be like saying "circles
have a right to exist, but they don't have a right to be round."  One is
inherent in the other.
  So it's not a communistic ideal at all; it's ontological.

     Dave!