 Off-Topic / Debate / 14472
Re: Girlfriends Guardians!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 01:48:08 GMT

This doesn't really apply to the root question anymore, but...

you may be taggable as one of those "sex offenders" that gets
watched for 25 years. (someone ought to test the constitutionality of that,
actually, but I digress...)

When I said "that" I was referring to someone being tagged as a sex offender
(for statutory rape if both parties "consent", that is, no violence was
involved, and both parties are under age. (yes they might be below the age
of consent...)) for 25 years... and that the someone so tagged is chosen
relatively arbitrarily (because they are 2 days older than the other person,
for example, which HAS happened).

I'm OK with the concept of tagging people as such if the situation is
different... the more conventional violent rape of an unwilling victim is
clearly a situation where the perpetrator has waived some of his rights by
violating the rights of another.

++Lar