 Off-Topic / Debate / 14465
Re: Girlfriends Guardians!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:15:39 GMT

The age of consent in Michigan is 16.

Unless you're both 16 or older you are in a world of trouble if they want to
*make* trouble for you. And it's not the normal juvenile trouble that gets
expunged, you may be taggable as one of those "sex offenders" that gets
watched for 25 years. (someone ought to test the constitutionality of that,
actually, but I digress...)
We are both over age 16. She is 18, turned that today did she. :)

The age of majority in Michigan is 18.

Unless you're both 18, your guardians and theirs have a fair bit of say
about who you associate with, when, where and how, and there's not much you
can do about it.
She is 18, as I said before, and if i understand what you and James are
saying this makes her an adult and willing to do as she pleases. And my
parents love her, I just wish her guardians felt the same way about me...

Rick