 Off-Topic / Debate / 14499
Re: Girlfriends Guardians!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 11:05:59 GMT

Hi Rick

This makes a change from Lar & Scott's continual bickering. ;)

My opinions:

1. Whatever decision you make should be in complete agreement with your GF &
should have the effect of improving your relationship. Think about what you
want & why you want it (be clear about your own motivations).

2. It will help your relationship with her family if you can understand them
more.
Remember that any ill feeling toward you is born of fear. They are not bad
or evil (1) people, they are just scared (scared of your GF being misled or
harmed?).
In trying to improve your relationship with them, try & put yourself in
there shoes.
Show them only love & compassion - not resentment or hostility.

Good luck.

(1) getting OT - IMO there is no such thing as evil people, only evil
actions. It is easier to justify killing 'evil people' than killing 'people,
fathers, brothers, sons'

Carl Watson
--
Member #1165
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=1165

Rick Hallman <legodude725@removeaol.com> wrote in message
Hello.
As some of you may or may not know, I am in a relationship where my
girlfriend's guardians do not like me much, they have false accusations
against me, and even filed a police report against me because they do not
like me, the police report was proven entirely false as well, considering • it
involved driving, and I am still not legal age to drive. My question is,
does anybody have advice that might "break the ice" between me and her
guardians. I wish to be able to be with my girlfriend more then just at
Youth Group and our friends parties, but with her guardians not liking me,
and not even knowing I do have a relationship with my girlfriend... (Her
guardian would pull her immediatly out of the activities where we see each
other). I need advice!

Thanks in advance.

Rick "Is feeling lonely because not being with his GF alot..." Hallman