 Off-Topic / Debate / 14490
Re: Dear Abby...with a difference (was: Girlfriends Guardians!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:54:39 GMT

I guess the first thing that I'd do is consult with your girlfriend and her
brother about what's going on and see if you 'kids' can work it out.  Even if
he doesn't like you, why would he want to make his sister unhappy?

   Sounds like basic the basic sister:brother dyad to me.

I think that she is going to be the key to figuring this out.  But if she's
eighteen, I'm having a hard time figuring what it matters what her guardians
think.

  Or, for that matter, why her brother matters in the equation.  If she
lives at home and is still supported by the guardians, it's not
inappropriate for them to impose some rules, even if they seem ridiculous to
an outsider.  If she's on her own, of course, the guardians shouldn't have
any control, except the control she allows them to have.

     Dave!