 Off-Topic / Debate / 14491
Re: Girlfriends Guardians!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:03:44 GMT

[My parents were raising me as an atheist, which is crazy because only
agnosticism makes any real spiritual sense.

  Only if you accept that "any real spiritual sense" exists.  Atheism can
entail a disbelief in exactly that.  Likewise, if one holds a faith-based
belief in a particular god, then that person's "real spiritual sense" makes
sense to that person, as well.
  Agnosticism is only exclusively 'sensible' if one is trying to make claims
about the ability to prove or disprove the spiritual being's existence, and
one realizes that such proof isn't possible in the current state of things.

     Dave!