 Off-Topic / Debate / 14462
Re: Girlfriends Guardians!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 20:35:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Rick Hallman writes:
Hello.
As some of you may or may not know, I am in a relationship where my
girlfriend's guardians do not like me much, they have false accusations
against me, and even filed a police report against me because they do not
like me, the police report was proven entirely false as well, considering it
involved driving, and I am still not legal age to drive. My question is,
does anybody have advice that might "break the ice" between me and her
guardians. I wish to be able to be with my girlfriend more then just at
Youth Group and our friends parties, but with her guardians not liking me,
and not even knowing I do have a relationship with my girlfriend... (Her
guardian would pull her immediatly out of the activities where we see each
other). I need advice!

Thanks in advance.

Rick "Is feeling lonely because not being with his GF alot..." Hallman

My advice to you would be to "tread lightly."  If you have a serious
relationship that could last long-term, then with some patience and discretion
you should be able to last until you are both 18 and she is free to chose whom
to see.  Trying to circumvent parents/guardians can spell big trouble.  I once
had a close friend who, at 17, had consentual sex with his 15-year-old
girlfriend.  Her parents didn't like him, and so filed statutory rape charges
(while he should have known better, I know that he didn't in fact rape her.)
The last I heard (the last time he wrote to me back in '93), he was a young-
looking, skinny 18-year-old doing hard time in a state prison.

Better safe than sorry -- especially as an older male dating a younger female.

just my $.02--don't mean to butt in.

james