 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1932
Re: MB quality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:34:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I'm afraid that that's an unfortunate and (IME) non-representative example.

How many samples do I have to take?

  Obviously, you have to keep taking samples until you agree with me.

It's representative enough for me, since it wasn't my first bad
experience.... I've tried MB several times and always have been, in the end,
disappointed with the quality.

  Then that's unfortunate indeed.  In the past, I've insisted that quality is on
par with LEGO, but I have to admit that differences certainly exist.  The great
Sea Wolf tragedy aside, I'd guess that you and I have different standards of
"quality," with different emphasis placed on clutch strength, uniformity of
color, overall price, versatility of parts design, etc. etc. etc.  To each his
own, I suppose.  We're just looking for different payoffs to our clone-brand
investment.  To me, MEGABLOKS are definitely "good enough" to justify my support
of the brand, especially in terms of piece:price.

Anyone have any links to good Tyco related resources? Or other clone related
info that you think is worthy of sharing in the header of this group?

Some knucklehead is working on a big library of LDraw-compatible clone parts,
but he can't seem to get his act together to finalize the collection.  I'm sure
that he'd be happy to have a link once he figures out which way is up.

    Dave!