 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1915
Re: MB quality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:52:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

   The last 2-3 years being the operative phrase there.

Does the nuclear sub with sound element count as being within “the last two to three years”?

I would say so, I never got one cause it wans’t to scale with the others. (which are close enough)

That set, partially completed (the hull was about 4-5 rows of bricks high) crumbled under its own weight when extended 1 foot off the edge of a table without support. I consider that unacceptable adhesion.

I have had the samething happen with lego before. Specifically the ship I built almost 4 years ago. here I had the front fork complete and attachted to the base of the ship and about 5 brick layers built up on the base. I picked it up and the front fork flopped right off. I have also had it happen to retail sets. The Stardestroyer being the most recent example. I have learned, regardless of brand, support everything till its done or you are double sure it is strong enough.

FWIW, I miss Tyco.

Never had them. Well I had part of a tank that I got at a yard sale when I was 16 and [sigh] threw the parts out. (‘cause they wus inferior non-LEGO scum.) Actually I think it was more the advertising campaign that I hated. “[amazed]They’ve got Tyco, [dismayed]we’ve got LEGO.” I remember laughing and immeadiatly discounting them as inferior (as I do with all products) because they had to show the competion as weaker instead of simply promoting themselves as a strong product.

-Mike Petrucelli