 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1925
Re: MB quality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:38:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

  I'm afraid that that's an unfortunate and (IME) non-representative example.

How many samples do I have to take? It's representative enough for me, since it
wasn't my first bad experience.... I've tried MB several times and always have
been, in the end, disappointed with the quality. I have limited resources (of
time, even more so than of money) and at this point they have exhausted my
willingness to keep trying and trying.

I can nevertheless credit their cleverness in design and theming and parts, and
I do.

FWIW, I miss Tyco.

  I think my final analysis of Tyco is that the elements, colors, and overall
quality were great, but the set designs just didn't thrill me.

Me either, but that's OK as long as the parts you get in the set are good, with
not too many oddball pieces that clutter things up.

See... To that point, believe it or not, I've never built an ISD and probably
never will, the set as a set doesn't interest me much. (1), but I nevertheless
have several copies... most for the parts, and one is MISB, because I want to
remain Star Wars MISB complete.

Still, I'd love
to have retail access to the pieces again.

Yes. I have what I think is their biggest pink/girls round tub in my collection
among other items.

They came and went during my Dark
Age, and it's been a sporadic quest since then.

Me too.

Anyone have any links to good Tyco related resources? Or other clone related
info that you think is worthy of sharing in the header of this group?

Send it my way in an email, or post it in a new thread, since, as it so happens,
I'm a curator of off-topic.clone-brands... :-) (2)

1 - OK, it's big, so what? I've built bigger things! (3) I'm not much of a Star
Wars fan, really, except for the movies themselves and those haven't been as
good lately as they once were. But that's a discussion for a different off-topic
group.

2 - as I am a curator of everything else in the off-topic hierarchy except
.debate

3 - and besides, I hear you(4) can build one in an hour or so... that's no fun.
My MTW sets take way longer than that to build... they're better value for money
when measured that way.

4 - OK, OK, plural you.

++Lar