 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1900
Re: IBM chooses Mega-Blocks over Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Robin Harbron wrote:

   A small box arrived in the mail at work today from IBM. Inside was a small package of Mega-Bloks, and just about no explanation as to why they were included, apart from the statement “IBM has what you need to build a Resilient Infrastructure”.

Is there any reference in the packaging or literature to GI Interactive? A few years ago I won a promotional set on Ebay for Dell computers that was likewise crafted of MEGA BLOKS. Also, is there any way you’d be willing (or able) to scan the box, literature, or a picture of the kit?

   I find this funny on a couple fronts: In the early days of PCs, IBM computers were considered the “real thing” while all others were clones. Why would IBM choose a clone brick?

Well, LEGO has repeatedly cloned the clone, so both companies are guilty!

Thanks very much for this information!

Dave!