 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1899
1898  |  1900
Subject:
IBM chooses Mega-Blocks over Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:43:23 GMT

A small box arrived in the mail at work today from IBM.  Inside was a small
package of Mega-Bloks, and just about no explanation as to why they were
included, apart from the statement "IBM has what you need to build a Resilient
Infrastructure".

I find this funny on a couple fronts: In the early days of PCs, IBM computers
were considered the "real thing" while all others were clones.  Why would IBM
choose a clone brick?  I hardly think of Mega-Bloks as more "resilient" than
Lego :)

Also, IBM very recently won a huge contract to provide TLC with computer
services - this is a bit of a back-stab, isn't it? :)