 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1937
Re: IBM chooses Mega-Blocks over Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:21:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   Y’all are ignoring the obvious fact that you never made a person talk in a particular place at a party because he was drinking Pepsi. You didn’t for example say: “Go talk in the bathroom while you are drinking Pepsi.”

There’s a personal and slightly offensive quality to making clone users exist exclusively in off-topic. I don’t for example find groups called: “off-topic.lego-tributes” or “off-topic.lego-customs” or “off-topic.unofficial.themes.”

Think about it.

-- Hop-Frog

If you were at a Coke party, for Coke drinkers, planned by Coke drinkers you would most certainly be asked to leave. Would that surprise you or would you refuse to leave and instead spout the virtues of Pepsi to people who are clearly Coke drinkers?

Last time I checked the “L” in Lugnet stands for Lego.

I don’t understand being offended by being put in off-topic when Lugnet is about Lego. Building with lego, collecting lego, memorys about Lego ect.

You have a forum where you can talk about clones with others that enjoy clones.

I prefer Lego over MegaBlocks (however you spell it) because Lego is of a superior quality and you cannot realistically argue that they are not. There is also a nostalgic factor as I played with them as a kid.

You have a forum about Non-Lego bricks on a site dedicated to Lego. I don’t understand the rant about being side lined . Its entertaining. But I don’t understand it but its entertaining.

Mike

Mike