 Marketplace / Services / 279
Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Rob Doucette writes:
I'm thinking that instituting a CC funded payment fee policy may be in
order:  "If paying via PayPal from a US account, thou shalt not use CC
funding else a 10% additional payment will be required for release of goods.
Failure to send said 10% fee shall result in immediate forfeiture of any and
all funds previously transmitted as well as goods"

I don't think that's workable, personally.  I could see 3-4%, but not 10%.
And you might be able to "legally" get away with holding onto the funds of
some forgetful (or inconsiderate) person who chooses to violate this
gentlemen's agreement we're talking about, but your rep in the community
will probably plummit because of it.

I personally like it that once I hit that $500 limit, which hopefully will
be a LONG time (or never) that I'll be able to just refuse CC payments.
9.5/10 of my customers pay the non-CC Paypal way anyway...