 Marketplace / Services / 324
Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 22:21:21 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
I have been privately requested to send payment via "Bank Transfer Method"
or something called an "eCheck."  I can easily connect the dots between a
thing called "Electronic Funds Transfer" and a thing called "Bank Transfer
Method" which I am going to assume are the same things, but what the heck • is
an "eCheck"?

Your account must be set up to draw from a bank account instead of a credit
card when a send payment drops your balance below $0. I'm not sure were this
preference is set, it may be done when you verify your account by linking a
bank account.

When you send a payment that must draw from a bank account to satisfy the
amount (I believe) it shows up as an eCheck.  eChecks take several days to
clear in the receivers account.

Hope this helps,

-Rob.