 Marketplace / Services / 325
Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 22:40:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Rob Doucette writes:
"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
I have been privately requested to send payment via "Bank Transfer Method"
or something called an "eCheck."  I can easily connect the dots between a
thing called "Electronic Funds Transfer" and a thing called "Bank Transfer
Method" which I am going to assume are the same things, but what the heck • is
an "eCheck"?

Your account must be set up to draw from a bank account instead of a credit
card when a send payment drops your balance below $0. I'm not sure were this
preference is set, it may be done when you verify your account by linking a
bank account.

After checking my history of payments I think I know what Richard's problem
is.  He is listed as "Unverified" - which I believe means he has not
registered a bank account with Paypal.  I don't believe Paypal originally
required one to do that, but I believe they may require it not.  I know it
is required to register a bank account in order to send the eCheck (bank
transfer) payments, obviously.

I can't say what Richard sees when he tries to Send Money to someone, but
here is a page with a couple graphics on it that I put together that depicts
what *I* see when I go to send money to someone.  I think the core of this
problem may simply be that Richard is not verified at Paypal.

I'm still under the impression that most people must simply keep or have
money IN their accounts (I don't, but who knows, since they now offer a
money market-type thing then maybe I will) as in the last month I have only
received 5 eCheck (bank transfer) payments and 2 Instant eCheck (credit
card) payments.  The rest, 34 in the last month, appear to all be Paypal
balance transfers.

Here's the URL:

http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/paypal.html

Hope that helps.