 Marketplace / Services / 281
Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:46:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Mike Stanley writes:
I know several people (including myself) are dreading the day when we're
forced to switch to the Premier or Business account at Paypal.

I suppose I should have know this would happen.
I'm less than $3 from the limit.

I don't think there is any way to actually refuse to accept CC payments
through Paypal, so this would have to be a voluntary agreement (although
with the understanding that if you're the only CC payment out of 20 and my
limit suddenly drops by $17.84 - it'll be pretty obvious who decided not to
play nice) between buyers and sellers.  Too bad you can't just shut off that
ability - although Paypal will certainly shut it off for you once you hit
the $500 limit, although the way I read the policy they'll hold onto any CC
payment funds sent to you until you upgrade your account, while still
letting you receive Paypal balance and bank transfers.

What do other people think about this?

My plan is to
1) start accepting funds via YAHOO! PayDirect. It's (still) free.
2) (probably) Post on my web site that Payapl CC payments will incur the 1.9%
fee, and recommend buyers use eCheck or funded PP accounts.

-Jon