 Marketplace / Services / 270
Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 06:59:04 GMT

I'm willing to stick to your informal agreement... seems a good idea to me.

In lugnet.market.services, Mike Stanley writes:

I don't think there is any way to actually refuse to accept CC payments
through Paypal, so this would have to be a voluntary agreement (although
with the understanding that if you're the only CC payment out of 20 and my
limit suddenly drops by $17.84 - it'll be pretty obvious who decided not to
play nice) between buyers and sellers.  Too bad you can't just shut off that
ability - although Paypal will certainly shut it off for you once you hit
the $500 limit, although the way I read the policy they'll hold onto any CC
payment funds sent to you until you upgrade your account, while still
letting you receive Paypal balance and bank transfers.

What do other people think about this?

I think you can refuse a payment once you go over the limit though, right?

BTW, PayPal just went international. I was excited.

Then I read the fine print... 30 cents plus 2.6%(.something anyway) for
every transaction no matter how funded. I am not sure it's the end of
factoring after all. But it should make periodic settlement easier anyway.

++Lar