 Marketplace / Services / 283
Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:50:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Paul Sinasohn writes:
Sorry, Mike...

If you start insisting on eCheck or PayPal, you will forever lose my business,
not that I've bought much from you, but I object to what PayPal has done with
limiting a buyer's use of credit cards for payment.

In fact, I'm not using PayPal any more, except for one transaction involving
Sheree R. and the Australia Fabuland lot, and I will probably refund any excess
$$ via a money order in the box when I ship to Sheree...

And you can't NOT accept US cash, can you??

I think what Mike meant is that if you're paying by Paypal, it has to be by
eCheck or balance transfer, not CC.

I just went to sign up for Paypal, and stopped.  Not out of any objection to
policies, or fee structures, no.  It's because they require one of the most
pointless bits of information before they'll process your submission - your
country code.

Wha??  I don't have a freakin' clue what my country code is.  And why the
heck do they NEED it?  It's not optional information like say, your postal code.
Heaven forbid that they link to a list of country codes on the off chance
that your average Joe doesn't know his.
(Yes, I realize that the country code is more relevant in Europe than it is
in North America.  But it's still not something that should be required info.)

</soapbox>

James
(feeling persnickity today, I think)