 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7222
Re: Major revision/expansion of my wantlist page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 11:40:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Maybe I'll take another pass through it yet tonite. But I'm convinced someone
could still make a good profit feeding me parts, even at these prices,
assuming they have a steady stream of discount sets for input.

What convinced you of that?  Did you stop to figure out what set or at what
discount? How many good sets steadily show up at 3c average per part??? Surely
you're bluffing. Wait for bulk ordering.

I don't think I'm bluffing per se. Good feedback by the way and no one
is "hurting my feelings" so don't stop.

One thing that I need to look at harder is how to distinguish in that list
between stuff I really really need and for which I am prepared to pay above
market (there are some items in there that I have been steadily raising what I
will pay for, for instance black technic 1x2 bricks and black technic 2x8
plates), stuff I always know I need and will buy at close to market, and stuff
that, well, I currently have lots and lots and lots of, but if someone wants
to sell it, that's what I'll pay.

Take black 1x2 bricks, for example. The price I'm offering is way below
market. But then I have 2000 plus of them that I bought because I wasn't
managing my needs closely enough, (not at a ripoff price, I paid what I feel
was a fair price for them and the sellers got paid what they felt was a fair
price too, I just wasn't managing my supply chain closely enough) plus 45 1200
piece bins worth not yet parted out. That's enough for a hundred black hoppers
and then some. So at this point if someone wanted to sell to me and needed to
fill out an order, that's the most I'll pay. I feel that way about most basic
bricks, with the exception of 1x4s which I use a lot of.

Guess what? My volumes are starting to climb to the point where I DO need to
manage my supply chain more closely. That's good AND bad.

Would it help if I used color to show the three categories? Red prices for "I
think this price is above market, but I need it badly, it's impinging
production, and I'll pay even more if I have to" black for "this is something
I have sufficient of but am actively seeking more at this price and no more,
the price should be a market price, let me know if it's not" and gray for "I
am flush with these but if you really really want to make a sale, here's the
price I pay which I acknowledge is below market (way below in some cases)"

++Lar