 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7217
Re: Major revision/expansion of my wantlist page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 01:08:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom Stangl writes:
Larry,  don't take this the wrong way, but...

Aren't many of these prices extremely unrealistic?  (I would say insanely
unrealistic)

Maybe. I'll see what happens and raise stuff as I need to in order to balance
supply and demand. One thing to note is that sellers are competing against my
own ability to just go out and buy sets and part them out to get the same
parts. My hysteresis may be too high, it's true.

Another thing I'm considering is that if I have to start paying, for instance,
2 dollars a pane for train glass, you're just not going to see any of it in
under 100 dollar sets from Milton Train Works. I'll have to design around it.
Worse, if big plates really cost that much in bulk, that rules them out of my
designs too. That would be a shame.

Finally, I guess part of what made me slash stuff was the plethora of basic
bricks I seem to have accumulated. I started slashing those prices and maybe I
got carried away on the rest of it.

So, no offense taken, thanks for the feedback.

Like I said, I've made it a lot easier to adjust these prices now that it's
all spreadsheet driven/generated. It's about 5 minutes of effort plus the time
spent reviewing the prices and making adjustments to actually make changes.

Maybe I'll take another pass through it yet tonite. But I'm convinced someone
could still make a good profit feeding me parts, even at these prices,
assuming they have a steady stream of discount sets for input.

++Lar