 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7527
Re: Major revision/expansion of my wantlist page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:53:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Maybe I'll take another pass through it yet tonite. But I'm convinced someone
could still make a good profit feeding me parts, even at these prices,
assuming they have a steady stream of discount sets for input.

What convinced you of that?  Did you stop to figure out what set or at what
discount? How many good sets steadily show up at 3c average per part??? Surely
you're bluffing. Wait for bulk ordering.

Just as a follow up on this, subsuquent to this discussion thread happening, I
did fiddle with the prices some, and did make it obvious which were what I
felt were above, at or below market, and things are working out fine. I have
had a good dozen offers and have taken people up on their offers to the tune
of about 1000 USD all told. While a lot of the parts were from my hotlist, I
did get a fair bit of parts sold to me for well under 3 cents each, many of
which were NOT from my hotlist, but rather from the black and light blue
pricings...

So I wasn't bluffing, Erik. Thanks muchly to all the sellers who are
continuing to bid to sell me stuff, I'm still buying.

I've further revamped the spreadsheet I use to generate the page, and I will
send it to people who either want to use it as a basis for bids to me (why
retype stuff??), or who want to consider using something similar to it for
their parts sales or wantlists.

http://my.voyager.net/lar/wantlist/parts_want_list_lugnet.html

++Lar