 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7215
Re: Major revision/expansion of my wantlist page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 00:03:45 GMT

Larry,  don't take this the wrong way, but...

Aren't many of these prices extremely unrealistic?  (I would say insanely
unrealistic)

6x16 plates for 9 or 15 cents??  They consistenly go for 1-3 DOLLARS on any
sale/auction page.

If I found someone selling 6x16 plates in any color for less than $.50, I'd
probably buy everything they had!  And they'd be insane to offer them that
cheaply.

And 1x8 rail plates for 25 cents?  Maybe the black, since they are common in the
soccer sets, but grey/yellow/blue/green?

The worst of the lot - 3x3 low slope corners in yellow for 15 cents - come on now,
they came in ONE train set, and they sell for $5-10+ EACH.  Same for the 2x2 grey
town windows.

And the train doors/windows/glass are pretty danged unrealistic too, especially
the grey.

I think you've been staring at Conan's collection and your basement too much -
you've devalued all Lego to the point where people would lose money bigtime on
anything but mabye 1x1 bricks ;-)  You need to send Brad this list, maybe he'd
figure out what to offer next, but he probably wouldn't offer many at anywhere
near these prices.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I have added bunches and bunches of parts to this baby.

An enterprising seller could make a living just selling parts to me and me
alone, at this point, if he was efficient.

Check it out! There is a lot of money to be made if you can satisfy my needs
for NEW, SMOKE FREE, SORTED parts:

http://my.voyager.net/lar/wantlist/parts_want_list_lugnet.html

Why the big addition?

Milton Train Works (http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=lar) is really getting
rolling now, with over 40 units of rolling stock just produced or almost
finished, and I carried out a thorough analysis of my needs, as well as making
it easier for myself by automating the parts list creation process to a
certain extent (it's now spreadsheet driven, I just have to enter colors and
amounts and the spread generates all the HTML for me).

Larry Pieniazek
Bricksmith and proprietor, Milton Train Works
http://www.miltontrainworks.com
Proud member of the Guild of Bricksmiths
http://www.bricksmiths.com

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/