 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7574
Re: Major revision/expansion of my wantlist page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:47:52 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Frank Filz writes:

Another factor here is reliability. If you start into a deal with Larry, he
won't back out halfway through because he found someone else with a better
deal.

That is true. I'll just buy them both! LOL. Law of averages.

However Frank IS overpraising me here, I do need prodding, I have a tendency
to forget about deals in progress. So if you're waiting for me to complete a
deal, please bug me, I may have forgotten about it. It happens, and I do
apologise for it, too many balls in the air. What can I say? But I always make
my deals good, you can count on it. It just sometimes takes a while to clean
up the messes.
<snippage>
++Lar

"I refuse to answer on account whatever I say might incriminate me".  When it
comes to slow service, no one has cast a wider net...

I just have so little time -- what working 57 miles away from the house (2 hours
daily commute), stopping at my mom's house first to check up on her (she's 78
years old), and then trying to have a life.  I just have way too much LEGO and way
too little time.   Those of you who know me "know wherewith I speak".  And I
absolutely HATE to package stuff up and schlepp it to the post office.  And
finding stuff is still a nightmare (just ask Lar, he's seen my LEGO collection).
It took me 8 years to realize that I had a 2nd example of a rare 1962 European
wooden box set (#712).

But those who have waited for my stuff have never been disappointed.  My rule of
thumb is "the longer it takes me to ship something off, the more extra's that I am
going to add to the package".  I still owe John DiRienzo an empty 375/6075 box
from a trade from last year.  He has been so patient, that I am sending him two of
the boxes.  And I owed Lar some old windows for the longest time.  So for the most
part, I try to discourage trades, except for those of you that have some pending
with me.

Gary Istok
"I'd be a procrastinator, but I can never find the time."