 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7220
Re: Major revision/expansion of my wantlist page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 06:25:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Erik Olson writes:
How many good sets steadily show up at 3c average per part???

Doesn't matter whether the set is "good":  just what parts it has in it.

Example:  Naboo Swamp,  currently on clearance for $5.  You sell off the
minifigs for $4,  and you have ~ 70 pieces left at about 1.5 cents each.
Find 8 of those you can sell at an average of a nickel (which shouldn't be
at all hard),  and you have 60 left at a penny a pop.

Now,  nobody's going to quit a day job to go into business pimping parts to
Larry.  And he'll undoubtedly wind up at the end of a fairly long line of
other Brickbay vendors for many (maybe even most) of his "wantems".

But he'll probably luck out on some,  just because someone desperately wants
a couple hundred of something else in a given set,  and doesn't care about
making a proper business margin on the rest.

Ran