 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2110
Re: WTB Train Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 04:45:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom Stangl writes:
Mike Poindexter wrote:

As for the statement "mighty white of you," it would be offensive to anyone • it
is directed at, as it usually points out poor behavior.  I have never seen
anybody actually take it as a racist slur.

That's all it is, I don't see how to take it any other way.  Personally, it
offends me, though I don't care a spit about the rest of you guys'
arguments, because I don't have any train windows to sell, except maybe
some red ones from 5571s, and Larry said he doesn't need any ;-)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/

Tom,

Perhaps I have come to understand only one meaning of that statement, or
perhaps I don't see it as racist.  Either way, it was not meant as a racial
slur.

Also, I think that Lar was referring to not wanting the train _door_ from the
5571, since it would only look right on one of the Miniland trains.  The
window from the 5571 would be up for bid.  Of course, it comes with clear
glass instead of lt. blue, but we trainiacs take anything we can get.

Mike