 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2070
Re: WTB Train Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 03:09:12 GMT

Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote:
Well, that is mighty white of you.  First off, I can have anything I will
outpay you for.  I will match your bids Larry - across the board.

Second off, this is an offer to buy, not an auction, so please do not send
follow-ups to lugnet.auction.

Third off, your response just seems rude and you have pissed me off.  For you
to come out like that just strikes me as a jerk thing to do, perhaps I
misjudge, perhaps I don't.  Either way, I will revise my offer to the
following:

Hrmmm.... having dealt with Larry in many ways I don't see what he did
as a "jerk thing to do" - it's just an honest thing.  Larry likes the
same kind of parts you do, and it seems like, with some of them, he
either likes them more or is willing to pay more for them.

Just like I wouldn't get mad if someone offered to SELL parts for less
than I was selling them at JABA, I wouldn't get mad if someone offered
to PAY more than I was willing to pay for parts either.

If you'd posted a list of Castle-oriented parts that you'd like to get
at prices that were less than I'd pay, I wouldn't think myself a jerk
if I offered to pay more than you.  It wouldn't hurt you at all -
you'd still have your money.  And if I were willing to pay more than
you the seller would have more money for his parts, which is a Good
Thing, and I would have the parts I wanted, which is a Very Good
Thing.

Free market.  Live it, love it.

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)