 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2097
Re: WTB Train Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:13:20 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

Well, that is mighty white of you.

I find that statement racist and highly offensive. Just thought you
might want to know. Certainly you're not constrained from using it, but
it is important to realise that other people share my view as well, so
you may want to consider that. No one has the right not to be offended,
of course, but were I someone that wanted something as badly as you say
you do, I'd be careful of who I offended.

First off, I can have anything I will
outpay you for.

Great. Looks to me like we've got an auction going, then. We haven't
shaken any buyers loose yet, but if we out bid each other enough, we
will.

I will match your bids Larry - across the board.

I don't think you mean that. What if I offered 100 a grey window? People
would be falling over themselves to part out metroliners, and if you
offered 101, *I'D* part out a brand new metroliner to get that price.
I'm not offering that, mind you, but there will come a point where one
of us is willing to pay and the other isn't So far for most items we
have not reached it. But Mike U is offering more than I will pay for
grey dropcenter plates, at 15...

Second off, this is an offer to buy, not an auction, so please do not send
follow-ups to lugnet.auction.

See above. I'd say it is an auction, we have a third bidder as well in
Mike Ulring.

Third off, your response just seems rude and you have pissed me off.

Good. That was the intent.

There is a subtext here that you and I are aware of but others may not
be... you sent me a mail offering me blue windows, and we exchanged a
number of mails where I made you some very generous offers that included
all sorts of rare and wonderful parts, but not including train windows
of other colors.

At the end of it all, after wasting a lot of my time, you said you were
not going to trade for anything but train windows in rather a rude way.
Smug, even... I think there was a phrase in your mails to the effect
that if I wanted blue windows you were just about the only way to get
them and I would have to pay whatever you asked, and if I didn't, you'd
be posting your MOC and mocking me because you had blue windows and I
didn't.

It's rude to post private emails, so I won't prove that assertion at
this point.

Well, if you want train windows you're going to have to find buyers who
want to trade with you more than they want top dollar, because I pay top
dollar. What goes around comes around.

Either way, I will revise my offer to the
following:

Train Doors with glass:
Black, Red, White - $3.00
Blue, Yellow, Gray - $4.25

1x4x3 Train Windows with glass:
White, Black, Red, - $4.00
Yellow - $4.50
Gray, Blue - $5.50

1x2x3 Train Windows with glass:
Gray, Black, Red, Yellow - $4.00
Blue - $5.00

Train Glass, lg./sm. in clear/trans. lt. blue - $1.25

Train Wagon Plates:
6x28 Plates in Black $5.00 or Gray - $6.00
6x24 Plates in Black - $4.00
6x34(?) Sunken Wagon Plates in black - $7.00, yellow - $4.00 or Gray $10.00

Well, since you raised me back, DEFINITELY an auction then and not
eligible for market.buy-sell-trade. Ask Todd for a ruling if you're
unsure.

Anyone contemplating selling at these prices would be well served to
contact me first, or start an actual auction, because there's more money
than that out there for these than Mike's currently offering.

Important point to note: my reply to Mike P's original note probably was
a violation of the etiquette about jumping on other people's auction
threads, which applies to auction postings. If this is an auction
posting, and I say it is, I apologise. If it is not an auction posting,
as Mike claims, apology withdrawn.

Discussion of this point should be in market.theory

I'll start a new thread in market.auction for those interested in
selling train windows and other train parts outlining what I am willing
to pay, and sellers would be advised to check there if they want top
dollar. I invite other buyers to followup to that thread with their
offers. Let's see if we can actually shake some sellers loose instead of
just fighting amongst ourselves.

lugnet.