 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2108
Re: WTB Train Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 03:45:12 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

I realize that this should not be hashed out here, but I felt slandered and
needed to give my defense in the same place the offense took place.

It would have been nice if Todd had commented on the point a number of
folks talked about, that is, whether your thread, after I pounced on it
in bad humor, is now an auction thread or not.

It's actually an interesting meta question and gets back to the "does
the originator of the thread own it" issue that arose from what
transpired in the market.auction incident Simon referred to. A larger
question is whether a thread that mutates (in the general case) needs to
move despite any protestations by the originator. General usenet
convention is that if the topic really has changed, the thread should
move. One person claiming it has changed does not mean it has, though.
Even if that person is me, who is usually right about everything.

That topic itself is way off topic for this group and interested
discussors should pursue it in .admin or .market.theory

I have given all the information I need to and have nothing more to say in the
matter.  If Larry feels that he needs to add anything, that is his business.

Mike posted his side fairly and honestly, leaving nothing important out.
It turns on interpretation. Mine differs and I'll stand by my
characterization of the subtext between Mike and myself. But Todd's
right. It's dirty laundry and not suitable for discussion here. I
apologise for my rashness in dragging it out.

I also apologise for jumping on Mike's thread in full force when a quick
post to the thread of a single sentence "there are others interested in
these parts, I have started an auction thread in .market.auction,
sellers should consider selling to the highest bidder" would have
sufficed.

Anyway, there IS such a thread and if anyone has any of these prizes to
sell, please let any or all of us slavering buyers know.

That is all.
lugnet.