 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2099
Re: WTB Train Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 19:55:42 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
news:<37A31290.13E5B2AB@voyager.net>...
Mike Poindexter wrote:

Well, that is mighty white of you.

I find that statement racist and highly offensive. Just thought you
might want to know. Certainly you're not constrained from using it, but
it is important to realise that other people share my view as well, so
you may want to consider that. No one has the right not to be offended,
of course, but were I someone that wanted something as badly as you say
you do, I'd be careful of who I offended.

As for the statement "mighty white of you," it would be offensive to anyone it
is directed at, as it usually points out poor behavior.  I have never seen
anybody actually take it as a racist slur.

First off, I can have anything I will
outpay you for.

Great. Looks to me like we've got an auction going, then. We haven't
shaken any buyers loose yet, but if we out bid each other enough, we
will.

I will match your bids Larry - across the board.

I don't think you mean that. What if I offered 100 a grey window? People
would be falling over themselves to part out metroliners, and if you
offered 101, *I'D* part out a brand new metroliner to get that price.
I'm not offering that, mind you, but there will come a point where one
of us is willing to pay and the other isn't So far for most items we
have not reached it. But Mike U is offering more than I will pay for
grey dropcenter plates, at 15...

As for matching your bids across the board, I did.  You then had to raise your
bids to outbid mine.  Should I choose to do it again, I will.  I would not
follow you into stupid bidding - although I don't think you would go there
either, so that is a moot point.

Second off, this is an offer to buy, not an auction, so please do not send
follow-ups to lugnet.auction.

See above. I'd say it is an auction, we have a third bidder as well in
Mike Ulring.

If you want to START an auction, then do so.  I don't think it is proper to
take an offer to buy post and negate it with your own post and then move

Third off, your response just seems rude and you have pissed me off.

Good. That was the intent.

Larry, you are a prick.  Why do you intend to piss me off?  What did I do to
you?  Read below and rethink what was actually said versus your memory of what
was said.

There is a subtext here that you and I are aware of but others may not
be... you sent me a mail offering me blue windows, and we exchanged a
number of mails where I made you some very generous offers that included
all sorts of rare and wonderful parts, but not including train windows
of other colors.

At the end of it all, after wasting a lot of my time, you said you were
not going to trade for anything but train windows in rather a rude way.
Smug, even... I think there was a phrase in your mails to the effect
that if I wanted blue windows you were just about the only way to get
them and I would have to pay whatever you asked, and if I didn't, you'd
be posting your MOC and mocking me because you had blue windows and I
didn't.

It's rude to post private emails, so I won't prove that assertion at
this point.

Larry, it is rude to slander somebody in public.  It is also pretty nasty to
say it would be rude to post the actual emails that would vindicate me.  I am
now posting all the email I sent you.  I will not post your email, as that is
private.  As I was the one who wrote my email, I cannot be claimed rude for
posting it.