 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11651
Re: Thoughts on Brickbay fees (Re: Brickbay problems........again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 00:14:13 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ray Sanders writes:
This thread is a month old, but I've had a few thoughts on the subject and
believe its a good time to toss them up for discussion.

I will start off by saying that the current fee of 2% of sales is a legitimate
and valid fee and should not be changed. Having said that, I think there are
better ways to raise the cash flow necessary to keep BB running smoothly.

I'm going to send out an e-mail survey to the top ~30 Brickbay sellers how
it would affect them if the fee was raised from 2% to 3%.  The proceeds from
that would go to fund a relocation to a better more reliable server which
would have better online availability and fully working e-mail system.  I
haven't done anything about the current problems yet because I thought that
things will eventually quiet down and get back to normal but problems keep
happening and things are getting worse rather than better.