 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11038
Re: Brickbay problems........again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 02:21:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Troy Cefaratti writes:
No, it doesn't always die on weekends.  But it has been seriously messed up
since around sometime last Friday.  Dan has stated in other threads that
this was due to his service provider resetting all of the permissions on the
server for some reason, hence it asks for passwords.

It was also supposed to have been fixed by mid-week, but apparently they
must have done it again or something.  Dan has always done a great job of
running a stable site in the past, so i'm sure that this episode will blow
over.  I just wish he'd consider switching providers, as this is getting
REALLY annoying!

I posed this question to the Brickbay discussion forum, which is currently
inaccessible so I will reask it in slightly different form. What, if
anything can we as users do? Technically, are there things we can or should
avoid doing? (probably not since it seems to be the ISP inflicting pain
rather than things we do) From a business standpoint, would we pay more?

I am thinking that I rely on BB so much that I would pay 3% instead of 2% if
it would help fund a move to a more reliable site (if such exists, no point
in jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire)...

Any other ideas?

(sung to the tune of: You don't know what you've got till it's gone!)

++Lar