 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11074
Re: Brickbay problems........again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 19:24:32 GMT

Hi all !

Regarding 1st cent - shop oppening fee, I do agree with Brett and I'd pay
around
25 $ anytime, but yes - it would retract new sellers.
Therefore my proposal is to charge all the shops with 5-10 feedbacks and
more!
I don't think shop owners would open new shop to avoid fee once they got
5-10
points, while IMO feedback is thing that matters the most !

As for buyers .. I don't know. I think Dan should leave them to decide --
for
instance he can just aks new (and old) buyers to send symbolic fee (as much
as they seem to be appropriate) if they want .
I mean most of us paid 10$ or more just to become members of Lugnet, as far
as I know many of us haven't got our membership packages (I am  #595 and
haven't got it yet) but I don't blame Todd, as long as Lunget works, we
don't
need anything :-)) .

From what I know huge precentage of AFOLS  are great and reliable people
and Brickbay is really great place to buy/sell Lego .. so I am sure many of
us
would help it to survive !

Enjoy !

Dejan & Nives
Lugnet # 595
Brickbay : NeeD Lego!

"Brett A. Antaya" <Dioxyn0272@aol.com> wrote in message
   I just have 2 cents to add to the discussion. Cent 1 would be to charge • a
store opening fee in the neighborhood of $25. There has been aprox 120 new
open & active stores since November of 2000 at which times there was only
110 open & active stores (will the number of stores continue to double • every
6-7 months?? making this a substantial income potential). Of course a fee
very well may deter new stores from opening but from both a buyer and a
sellers perspective I really dont see this as a bad thing. The bottom line
is that a store with substantial wares is A)the kind of store I am more
likely to buy from and B) more likely to be willing to pay a fee in order • to
offer their wares to the public. Lastly I like this idea because of the
greater number of minors who are finding themselves active in Brickbay
transactions as both sellers and buyers and would hope they cannot • overcome
the $25 fee without at least the active consent of a parent who is willing
to be involved etc.

   Cent 2 falls in the hands of the buyers. Though I agree a membership • fee
for all Brickbay users may initially be too strong a deterent for growing
membership I think it is reasonable to charge a one time or even a yearly
fee for everyone who has completed 5 transactions (First 5 transactions
therefore being 'free' or on a 'trial basis' after which purchase of
membership would be expected.) I believe that a substantial number of
Brickbay members only buy once twice or three times and then their • attention
is diverted elsewhere and they are seldom heard from again and so the 5
transaction policy would not hinder this sort of customer/market. I also
believe that anyone who has completed 5 transactions on Brickbay A) Values
the service enough to pay a small fee and B) Is likely to want to make • more
purchases or even become sellers and therefore will pay the fee. Of course
thought will have to be given to patrol those individuals who simply • create
new member names to escape the fee but I think those people will be few • and
far between as Lego communities tend to be highly respectful and honest • people.

Have a great weekend!

Brett
Pyrite's Plunder