 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11048
Re: Brickbay problems........again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 18:19:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Morten Soerensen writes:

<snip>

Don't care to speculate about the numbers like that, mainly because I'm not
that fond of math.  I hope Dan's making a killing from Brickbay, especially
given all the effort he puts into it.

Therefore, would anyone care if he charged each member a year fee of USD 10
? It ain't much to pay for all the services he provides, but it will give
him an extra profit of USD 32,000 emediately (under the circumstances that
everyone pays) and the amount will increase each day from the new members
that registrate them selves on the side. That way he'll have plenty more
money to get a reliable server provider and the needed equipment to keep on
expanding the brickbay site.

What do you say ?

I saw that I personally, as a seller, would gladly do something like this.
Were I only a buyer, I would not.  Well, I would, just to help Dan, but any
extra cost like this ought, imo, to be borne by the sellers, not the buyers.
That's not just a "how I feel" statement - I think that makes the most sense
market-wise.  I wouldn't pay eBay a fee to let me bid on auctions - they
make their money from the sellers, just as Brickbay does.