 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11059
Re: Brickbay problems........again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 04:03:59 GMT

"Brett A. Antaya" wrote:

   I just have 2 cents to add to the discussion. Cent 1 would be to charge a
store opening fee in the neighborhood of $25.

While I certainly value a good venue, a $25 startup fee would almost
certainly mean I'd never start a Brickbay store. I'm not sure how much
volume I'll do, though I do need to start a store and start moving some
of my stuff, but a startup fee would be a significant deterrence.

   Cent 2 falls in the hands of the buyers. Though I agree a membership fee
for all Brickbay users may initially be too strong a deterent for growing
membership I think it is reasonable to charge a one time or even a yearly
fee for everyone who has completed 5 transactions (First 5 transactions
therefore being 'free' or on a 'trial basis' after which purchase of
membership would be expected.)

I'm not sure how much of a user fee you were thinking of, but I think
that would be a deterrent to buyers also. I'm not sure what I'd do if I
was suddenly hit with a buyers fee.

On the other hand, I feel like I've gotten good deals on Brickbay, so if
the commission went up a percent or two, and the buyers passed that on
as a price increase, I'm sure I'd still find plenty of stuff to buy.

Frank