 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11665
Re: Thoughts on Brickbay fees (Re: Brickbay problems........again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:03:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Janssen writes:
<snip>
I've commented on this before, but want to bring it up in the context of the
point raised above. Suppose you have 800 yellow 1x2 bricks listed, and a buyer
buys all but a few, lets say 798, (this stuff does happen, and often) then you
only have 2 of these less desirable bricks in your store.
Now, these are very likely going to be in your store for a long time, and a
monthly fee is gonna cost you dearly. Are you going to go through all your 1200
lots every month to see if the are no such small, unlikely-to-be-sold lots in
your store. I have over 1700 lots in my store, checking each lot every month
would be a major p...
A listing fee of 1 to 3 cents/lot would be my suggestion, maybe in combination
with a flat monthy store maintenance fee of a few dollars. Paul

(IMHO) There are several schools of thought on this topic. One way of looking at
it is that the sale of the 798 should carry/cover the cost of keeping the
remaining stock listed until you get more of the same part. Carrying the
remaining 2 pcs (for one year) would cost 12-cents (a large amount when viewed
against the potential return, but small against what the 798 sold for).

OTOH, it is an easy process to download your store's inventory, drop it into a
spreadsheet, add a quick column calculation that yields the potential net worth
of each lot, then sort on that number. This orders all the lots by their
potential sale value. The smaller value lots would drop to one end of the list.
This is a good exercise in any case, regardless of what happens to brickbay
fees.

Ray
<Brickbay://Cosmic Toys/>