 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11056
Re: Brickbay problems........again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 23:58:29 GMT

   I just have 2 cents to add to the discussion. Cent 1 would be to charge a
store opening fee in the neighborhood of $25. There has been aprox 120 new
open & active stores since November of 2000 at which times there was only
110 open & active stores (will the number of stores continue to double every
6-7 months?? making this a substantial income potential). Of course a fee
very well may deter new stores from opening but from both a buyer and a
sellers perspective I really dont see this as a bad thing. The bottom line
is that a store with substantial wares is A)the kind of store I am more
likely to buy from and B) more likely to be willing to pay a fee in order to
offer their wares to the public. Lastly I like this idea because of the
greater number of minors who are finding themselves active in Brickbay
transactions as both sellers and buyers and would hope they cannot overcome
the $25 fee without at least the active consent of a parent who is willing
to be involved etc.

   Cent 2 falls in the hands of the buyers. Though I agree a membership fee
for all Brickbay users may initially be too strong a deterent for growing
membership I think it is reasonable to charge a one time or even a yearly
fee for everyone who has completed 5 transactions (First 5 transactions
therefore being 'free' or on a 'trial basis' after which purchase of
membership would be expected.) I believe that a substantial number of
Brickbay members only buy once twice or three times and then their attention
is diverted elsewhere and they are seldom heard from again and so the 5
transaction policy would not hinder this sort of customer/market. I also
believe that anyone who has completed 5 transactions on Brickbay A) Values
the service enough to pay a small fee and B) Is likely to want to make more
purchases or even become sellers and therefore will pay the fee. Of course
thought will have to be given to patrol those individuals who simply create
new member names to escape the fee but I think those people will be few and
far between as Lego communities tend to be highly respectful and honest people.

Have a great weekend!

Brett
Pyrite's Plunder