 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11047
Re: Brickbay problems........again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 17:24:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Stanley writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Stanley writes:
As for more "reliable" hosting - shared hosting is shared hosting.  It
almost doesn't matter who you're with - at some point you reach a cap simply
because a box can only do so much.  Not sure another provider would make
much difference if it was just going to be another shared solution.

Although if the actual problem is related more to the incompetence of the
staff at the current company, moving may help.  Kinda odd to think that
things went so well for so long and then turned bad, but who knows - they
might have had numerous layoffs, they may be letting newbies play with some
of the servers, etc.

Hi Brickbay Fans :-)

I have played with the numbers as well, as far I know has Dan so far had a
revenue since the opening medio June 2000 of approximately USD 450-500,000 -
that gives him only a profit of USD 9-10.000 since the beginning.

There ain't no doubt that sales are increasing, lately has around 15-20 new
members been registrated daily so the total number of members is about 3,200
now. Also has the daily order made on the brickbay side rised to around 100
per day. With the current number of members and a daily increase of 15-20
the next year will give a suspected revenue of USD 1,600,000 - which will
give Dan a profit of USD 32,000.

If Dan shall have the possibility to continuing give us the best service and
secure that the server system don't break down in the future ain't the
expected profit he can make not enough.

Therefore, would anyone care if he charged each member a year fee of USD 10
? It ain't much to pay for all the services he provides, but it will give
him an extra profit of USD 32,000 emediately (under the circumstances that
everyone pays) and the amount will increase each day from the new members
that registrate them selves on the side. That way he'll have plenty more
money to get a reliable server provider and the needed equipment to keep on
expanding the brickbay site.

What do you say ?