 Marketplace / Auctions / 8555
Re: ebay rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:17:01 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Walsh writes:
Even if you know the weight it can still be a crap shoot on international
packages.  What one postal employee says is a "letter package" another may
say is a "parcel".  I try to guess the correct term from the web but get it
wrong every now and then.  One time the delta was an extra $10.

Shouldn't be a crap shoot in terms of package weight.  Letter Post is up to
4 pounds, not insurable.  Parcel post is insurable but usually cost
prohibitive compared to Letter Post for small packages.

The crap shoot is in the package *size*.  Some counties have size
restrictions for Letter post which can automatically force you into Parcel
Post.  I got burned once shipping to Canada because the package was slightly
oversized.

-Rob Doucette.
DoucetteNet LEGO® on Brickbay
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=robatworldnet