 Marketplace / Auctions / 8520
8519  |  8521
Subject:
ebay rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:24:59 GMT

Just wanted to moan about ebay.

Too many rubbish auctions getting in the way

Besides the obvious con artists, things I dont like

1. ridiculous start price. It's like setting a reserve, but without incurring a penalty if no one bids, as I understand
it. Who they trying to kid?
2. repeat listing. Having failed to get a response due to 1, they just simply relist the same item at the same price, ad
infinitum. Why do they bother?
3. Misleading descriptions. like HUGE and rare, when they are not.
4. useless descriptions. Like "Huge amount of bricks". Nothing else. How is anyone suppose to bid on that?
5. misleading pictures. Like the same one for several different auctions.
6. Long running auctions. Dont know what the mechanism is, havent put anything up for sale recently, but I notice
auctions now running with an end date over a month away! And the same people will then do point 2 at the end of the
month as well.

It's like some folks are not lying or doing anything illegal, but just putting up hundreds of auctions over and over
again that get no bids because it doesn't cost them anything, but they just hope there is one mug out there who falls
for it.
And ebay dont care because it just means more ads served up as you  are forced to browse through the dross.

What's your pet ebay hate?

regards
lawrence