 Marketplace / Auctions / 8528
Re: ebay rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

What's your pet ebay hate?

After running though all your numbered points, I forgot to answer this!  :-)

Inflated "shipping and handling" fees.  Charging 10 bucks to ship something
Priority mail that I've shipped for $3.95.  I understand that people make
guesstimates on shipping, but what I'm talking about are calculated ways of
weasling more profit.

And let me echo others' annoyance with reserve prices.  You can make a bid,
not have it meet the reserve, but since it isn't your max bid, you don't
have any idea if it may later meet the reserve.  I feel like I'm being
jerked around.  I will only bid on these as a last minute vulture.

Bruce